About the Program
Who Is Lisa P.?
Quick Fitness Seniors Program
In The News
Equipment & Accessories
Quick Fitness ParQ Form 2015
Postal or Zip Code:
1. Has your doctor ever said that you have a heart condition and that you should only do physical activity recommended by a doctor?
2. Do you feel pain in your chest when you do physical activity?
3. In the past month, have you had chest pain when you were not doing physical activity?
4. Do you lose your balance because of dizziness or do you ever lose consciousness?
5. Do you have a bone or joint problem, (for example, back, knee or hip), that could be made worse by a change in your physical activity?
6. Is your doctor currently prescribing drugs (for example, water pills) for your blood pressure or heart condition?
7. Do you know of any other reason why you should not do physical activity?
If you answered YES to one or more questions:
Talk with your doctor by phone or in person BEFORE you start becoming much more physically active or BEFORE you have a fitness appraisal. Tell your doctor about the PAR-Q and which question you answered YES.
1. You may be able to do any activity you want – as long as you start slowly and build up gradually. Or you may need to restrict your activities to those which are safer for you. Talk with your doctor about the kinds of activities you wish to participate in and follow his/her advice.
2. Find out which community programs are safe and helpful for you
If you answered NO to all questions:
If you answered NO honestly to all PAR-Q questions, you can be reasonably sure that you can:
• Start becoming much more physically active – begin slowly and build up gradually. This is the safest and easiest way to go.
• Take part in a fitness appraisal –– this is an excellent way to determine your basic fitness so that you can plan the best way for you to live actively. It is also highly recommended that you have your blood pressure evaluated. If your reading is over 144/94, talk with your doctor before you start becoming much more physically active.
Delay becoming much more active:
If you are not feeling well because of a temporary illness such as a cold or a fever –– wait until you feel better; or if you are or may be pregnant –– talk to your doctor before you start becoming more active
If your health changes so that you can then answer YES to any of the above questions, tell you fitness or health professional. As whether you should change your physical activity.
I UNDERSTAND THE ABOVE:
Please let us know about any additional health related conditions or comments:
Other Important Notes
1. If the PAR-Q is being given to a person before he or she participates in a physical activity program or a fitness appraisal, this section may be used for legal or administrative purposes.
2. This physical activity clearance is valid for a maximum of 12 months from the date it is completed and becomes invalid if your condition changes so that you would answer YES to any of the seven questions.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT*
BY AGREEING TO THIS YOU WILL WAIVE CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE P
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
THE ACTIVITIES REFERRED TO IN THIS RELEASE AGREEMENT INVOLVE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS INCLUDING THE RISK OF DAMAGE, LOSS, PERSONAL INJURY AND DEATH. THESE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS ARE MORE FULLY DESCRIBED ON THE FOLLOWING PAGES. ALL PARTICIPANTS IN THESE ACTIVITIES ARE REQUIRED TO SIGN THIS RELEASE AGREEMENT WHICH IS INTENDED TO PREVENT PARTICIPANTS FROM SUING IN THE EVENT OF AN ACCIDENT. PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO REVIEW THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY.
TO: Lisa P’s Quick Fitness (the “OPERATOR”) and THE MANUFACTURERS AND DISTRIBUTORS OF THE EQUIPMENT USED IN FITNESS PROGRAMS, and their respective directors, officers, agents, representatives, employees, volunteers, independent contractors, subcontractors, sponsors, successors and assigns (collectively the “RELEASEES”)
In this Agreement the term "fitness programs " shall include all activities, programs, events, classes, and services provided, sponsored or organized by the Operator including but not limited to: yoga; pilates; aerobics; aquafit; dance; ballet; weight training; personal training; tennis; squash; racquetball; use of aquatic facilities including swimming pool, whirlpool, jacuzzi and sauna; use of strength training and fitness conditioning equipment, machines and facilities; nutritional and dietary programs; orientation or instructional sessions or lessons; and all other such related activities.
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
I am aware that my participation in fitness programs involves many risks, dangers and hazards, which could result in damage, loss or physical injury to me. Some of these risks, dangers and hazards include, but are not limited to: • Health: overexertion, dehydration, fatigue, lack of fitness or conditioning. • Premises: defective, dangerous or unsafe condition of the facilities; falls; collisions with objects, equipment or persons. • Use of Equipment: mechanical failure of the equipment; negligent design or manufacture of the equipment; the provision of or the failure by the Releasees to provide any warnings, directions, instructions or guidance as to the use of the equipment; failure to use or operate the equipment within my own ability. • Advice: negligent advice regarding fitness programs. • My conduct and conduct of other persons: I acknowledge that such conduct, including my negligence and negligence of other persons, including NEGLIGENCE ON The PART OF THE RELEASEES, may increase the risk of damage, loss, personal injury or death. I understand that the Releasees may fail to safeguard or protect me from the risks dangers and hazards of fitness programs, some of which are referred to above.
Despite the risks, dangers and hazards of fitness programs, and fully understanding such risks, dangers and hazards, I wish to participate in fitness programs with the Operator, and I FREELY ACCEPT AND FULLY ASSUME all such risks, dangers and hazards and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage and loss resulting therefrom.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
In consideration of the Releasees allowing me to participate in fitness programs and permitting my use of their equipment, facilities and services, I hereby agree as follows:
1. TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may in the future have against THE RELEASEES AND TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES
from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury including death that I may suffer or that my next-of-kin may suffer as a result of my participation in fitness programs DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, including but not limited to: • negligence on the part of the Releasees; • breach of contract by the Releasees; • breach of warranty on the part of the Releasees in respect of the design, manufacture, selection, installation, maintenance or adjustment of equipment; • breach of any statutory or other duty of care including any duty of care owed under the Occupiers Liability Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. 0.2, on the part of the Releasees; and • the failure on the part of the Releasees to safeguard or protect me from the risks, dangers and hazards of fitness programs, some of which are referred to in the Assumption of Risks section of this Agreement.
2. TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any damage, loss, expense or injury to any third party resulting from my participation in fitness programs.
3. This Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next-of-kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives, in the event of my death or incapacity.
I am familiar with the proper use of the equipment. I am aware that there are fitness instructors and staff available to answer any questions I may have as to the proper use of the equipment. In entering into this Agreement I am not relying on any oral, visual or written representa¬tions or statements made by the Releasees with respect to the safety of fitness programs other than what is set forth in this Agreement.
I am aware that the Releasees do not provide me with any disability, accident, liability or medical insurance or compensation, should I become injured or cause personal injury or property damage to any third party while participating in fitness programs.
This Agreement and any rights, duties and obligations as between the parties to this Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, and I agree to attorn solely to the jurisdiction of the Courts of the Province of Ontario. Any litigation involving the parties to this Agreement shall be brought solely within the Province of Ontario and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Province of Ontario.
DO YOU AGREE?
YES I AGREE
Connect With Us
Snacks for Fussy Toddlers and Busy Moms
2 Quick Recipes
Recently on Twitter